Chapter two: Izzy
I wonder what it would be like to lice in a house where my parent wasn't as punishing asmine was. In fact the kid whe drove me to school looked well off. I don't like being too social with others. It just leads to trouble. I guess it doesn't help that I am so smart.
I hurry out of the boy's car, not wanting to face him and some questions I knew would come with it if he really just lived down the street. I enter the school and loving the vacancy, head up to the second level, I stop at my locker, place my stuff in my locker, keeping the textbook and notebook I need for my first period class. I slam the locker door closed, as the tearss start to flood my eyes. I brush past a person on my way to the west corridor stairway. I reach the thirteenth step, and squeeze into the small space in the wall when the tears finally start to flow out.
A few minutes later people start to flood the hallway, so I dry my eyes, and step out of my hiding place before heading to English. THis morning had been the worst we'd seen so far. Mother had long since given up on Father, and had left us about 10months, I mean, years ago, and counting. This turned our normally bad father into a horrible father.
It all started when we were eting breakfast that morning. My three siblings, the twin girls, and my twin brother all being as quiet as they could. I was the first to hear father's shuffling upstairs. I shushed them and we all headed for te door to the garage when an arm shot out and grabbed me, only me, the others running for the car. I scream as father shoots a bullet at them from his pistol. I scream in pain as he tangles his hand in my hair, gripping it,and pulling me to the front of the house before etting go. With my short firey red hair, there wasn't much of a struggle before I was free. I ran out the front door, leaving our druknk father behind. That's when the new kid offered me a ride. The ONLY kid who has ever done that for me.
I see that my twin Evan is sitting at our usual table in front of the room, and sit down next to him. Evan is the captain of the Wolves; the professional team, not the highschool one.
he has been training and for years. He looks nothing like me, wiht his coal-black hair, his green and blue eyes, which are exactly opposite of mine, the only thing we share, except our internal drive.
He doesn't see me at first so I am about to sit down when he finally notices me. Allowing myself to bee wrapped up in his hug, I take a moment to marvel at him. His is a pro soccerplayer, living his dream since he was six (his first soccer game), and everyone at school loves him. As captain of our Highschool Swim and Basketball teams, he has led us to state and won us the award three consecutive years in a row, and its his last year here.
Yes, we are twins. I was born at 11:30pm on December 31st, and Evan on January 1st at 1:16am. He skipped a grade, but I did not. I sit down next to him a moment later, and open my textbook, pulling out my notebook to a clean page. I hear students file into desks and the bell chime. Our teacher Mr. Ostin stands and the room quiets. We all love him. He is by far the best teacher in the school. Plus his learning style is fun and different.
I hurry out of the boy's car, not wanting to face him and some questions I knew would come with it if he really just lived down the street. I enter the school and loving the vacancy, head up to the second level, I stop at my locker, place my stuff in my locker, keeping the textbook and notebook I need for my first period class. I slam the locker door closed, as the tearss start to flood my eyes. I brush past a person on my way to the west corridor stairway. I reach the thirteenth step, and squeeze into the small space in the wall when the tears finally start to flow out.
A few minutes later people start to flood the hallway, so I dry my eyes, and step out of my hiding place before heading to English. THis morning had been the worst we'd seen so far. Mother had long since given up on Father, and had left us about 10
It all started when we were eting breakfast that morning. My three siblings, the twin girls, and my twin brother all being as quiet as they could. I was the first to hear father's shuffling upstairs. I shushed them and we all headed for te door to the garage when an arm shot out and grabbed me, only me, the others running for the car. I scream as father shoots a bullet at them from his pistol. I scream in pain as he tangles his hand in my hair, gripping it,and pulling me to the front of the house before etting go. With my short firey red hair, there wasn't much of a struggle before I was free. I ran out the front door, leaving our druknk father behind. That's when the new kid offered me a ride. The ONLY kid who has ever done that for me.
I see that my twin Evan is sitting at our usual table in front of the room, and sit down next to him. Evan is the captain of the Wolves; the professional team, not the highschool one.
he has been training and for years. He looks nothing like me, wiht his coal-black hair, his green and blue eyes, which are exactly opposite of mine, the only thing we share, except our internal drive.
He doesn't see me at first so I am about to sit down when he finally notices me. Allowing myself to bee wrapped up in his hug, I take a moment to marvel at him. His is a pro soccerplayer, living his dream since he was six (his first soccer game), and everyone at school loves him. As captain of our Highschool Swim and Basketball teams, he has led us to state and won us the award three consecutive years in a row, and its his last year here.
Yes, we are twins. I was born at 11:30pm on December 31st, and Evan on January 1st at 1:16am. He skipped a grade, but I did not. I sit down next to him a moment later, and open my textbook, pulling out my notebook to a clean page. I hear students file into desks and the bell chime. Our teacher Mr. Ostin stands and the room quiets. We all love him. He is by far the best teacher in the school. Plus his learning style is fun and different.
"Good to see that most of you are alive today," he starts in his brittish accent, "we have a new student joining us from Italy today, Michael Asiatic, I hope you will all welcome him," I turn and see the kid who drove me here sitting three rows behind me, looking nervous, "Anyhow, we have some studying to do." This was met by cheers from the class. Michael looked around confused. Evan finally looking at him gasps.
"What?!" I as whispering, Mr. Ostin has paused, waiting for us to calm.
"He plays with me on the team," Evan starts, "TH ene striker I told you about? Yeah that's him, he scored our winning goal on Saturday. Wow, I thought he was older." I look at my brother increduously.
"You assume everyone is older than they are."
"True."
"Alright," Mr. Ostin says, "Seeing as you are all QUIET now, let's have someone explain my studying rules to Michael. Anyone?" Everyone raises their arms wanting to start sooner, "Ah, Mr. Evan Turner." Michael looks surprised at Evan as he starts explaining.
"Three people play MW3; quiz questions get asked randomly, whoever answers orrectly prgresses onto the next round, if you don't or you die, you sit down." Evan sits down and I nudge him playfully.
"Let's begin!" Mr. Ostin pulls three controllers out and calls the first three names.
"What?!" I as whispering, Mr. Ostin has paused, waiting for us to calm.
"He plays with me on the team," Evan starts, "TH ene striker I told you about? Yeah that's him, he scored our winning goal on Saturday. Wow, I thought he was older." I look at my brother increduously.
"You assume everyone is older than they are."
"True."
"Alright," Mr. Ostin says, "Seeing as you are all QUIET now, let's have someone explain my studying rules to Michael. Anyone?" Everyone raises their arms wanting to start sooner, "Ah, Mr. Evan Turner." Michael looks surprised at Evan as he starts explaining.
"Three people play MW3; quiz questions get asked randomly, whoever answers orrectly prgresses onto the next round, if you don't or you die, you sit down." Evan sits down and I nudge him playfully.
"Let's begin!" Mr. Ostin pulls three controllers out and calls the first three names.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hello! Welcome to my Blog. I love to hear your comments, so please leave some for me.